Wednesday, February 15, 2012

An Awesome Valentine's Day


The key to an awesome Valentine’s Day is an awesome partner. Becky and I have fun at home regardless of what day it is, but we do love to make holidays special.

We decided to stay in and cook some dinner this February 14th. Since I get home before Becky I took it upon myself to cook everything. She sent me a recipe for a whiskey-peach-bbq-sauce marinade, which I use to bake an organic chicken in. Becky loves her chicken. Then I made some mash potatoes with sides of macaroni and cranberry sauce. The meal turned out great, at least that’s what Becky said. Nonetheless I have a feeling Becky liked her Molly Moon’s salted caramel ice cream more than any of the meal, but who blames her?
We also enjoyed a dessert wine (the only kind we can stand) and a healthy amount of Irish whiskey(all of which we can stand).

One of the best parts of the night was Becky’s decision to watch True Lies for our romantic movie. Nothing makes me love her more than choices like that. I don’t know how she feels about me wanting to see movies like the Vow, but it most likely isn’t the same type of endearment I get from her love of action movies. It’s not just the movie that made the night great. It was laughing and quoting the best lines with the love of my life. It was one of those moments in life where I can overcome my brain’s addiction to past reflections and future musing to just live in the moment. That is the best Valentine’s gift I could ever receive. 

On a side note Becky didn't know what to get me so she defaulted on a video game! SCORE! I received a Steam copy of Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning! Ever since the demo blew me away I have been excited to get started. The fact that she got me a game is funny because I also got her a game: Twisted Metal. This is one of Becky's most beloved franchises! I even used the past few weeks to convince her it didn't come out until the end of the month. That way she is even more surprised and I feel clever for my deception. So now you know that my future holds heavy metal destruction and split screen mayhem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment