Thursday, February 9, 2012

Awesome yet Improbable Ideas, Part 1: Ninja Kids


Though there may be some drawbacks, I think the advantages of training children to be stealthy martial arts masters are far greater.

 I know parents are always concerned with the well being of their offspring, particularly concerned about threats from dangerous people, like strangers with candy and the drug-peddling vermin of the underworld.  It would be awesome knowing that your child could not only defend him or herself, but also kick the crap out of the offending individual.

Another key component is discipline. Every ninja knows the art of concentration, the necessity of restraint, and the importance of balance. These are not bad lessons for kids to learn. I am a firm believer that the right frame of mind is essential to making the right decisions. A ninja can't do drugs! The body must be in pristine physical condition. A ninja can't watch too much TV! It distracts the mind. A ninja can't worry about popularity! Shrouds instead of crowds are the name of the game.

Did I mention I plan on naming my children Rocky, Colt, and Tum-Tum? I kid, I kid. They will all be named Daniel-Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment